Fiveways Surgery has been operating since 1945. Until recently this was from the Gailey Fiveways location.
St Lucia Village Medical Centre has been operating since 1974 and until recently this was from the Hawken drive location.
Both practices have a history of providing excellent General Practice to the local community and will continue to do so from our new location at iHealth Centre Indooroopilly.
We provide after-hours medical care through the Australian After Hours Doctors. They can be contacted by phoning 1300 HOME DR (4663 37). You can also contact the Wesley Hospital Emergency Centre on 3232 7333.
Home & other visits
- We prefer to consult with patients at the surgery where full diagnostic and treatment facilities are accessible.
- Home visits are available for regular patients who live within 3km of this practice.
- whose condition prevents them from attending the surgery.
- A private fee is charged for this service.
- Incoming telephone calls to the doctors are restricted to matters of medical urgency.
- GPs in the practice may be contacted during normal surgery hours.
- If the GP is with a patient, a message will be taken and the reception staff will advise you when it is likely that the GP will return your call.
- Your call will always be put through to the GP in an emergency.
Pathology tests & investigations
- All incoming pathology and radiology results and specialist letters are reviewed by the doctors.
- Please make an appointment to obtain results and to plan further follow-up care.
- Our reception staff cannot provide a patient with medical results.
- We are committed to promoting and providing preventive strategies to protect your health.
- Where appropriate the doctors utilise GP Management Plans, Team Care Arrangements, Health Assessments and computer-based reminder systems to coordinate planned investigations and review appointments.
Patient reminder systems
- Your doctor will seek your permission to be included on our reminder system or the relevant state reminder system.
- We may issue you with a reminder notice from time to time offering you preventive health services appropriate to your care.
- If you do not wish to be part of this system please let your doctor or receptionist know.
Referrals & repeat prescriptions
- In the best interests of your health, please make an appointment in anticipation of renewing prescriptions or a referral to a consultant.
- Telephone requests will require a minimum of 72 hours notice for a doctor to respond.
- A fee may be charged for this service.
Transfer of patient records
- For medico-legal reasons we are not able to send your original medical record to another practice.
- Upon receipt of a formal request for transfer to another doctor, we will prepare and send a concise health summary along with copies of any relevant results and documents.
- A fee may be charged for this service.
- Your medical record is a confidential document. It is the policy of this practice to maintain security of personal health information at all times and to ensure that this information is only available to authorised members of staff.
- We abide by the national Privacy Principles available at www.privacy.gov.au/health/index.html.
- A copy is available at reception.
Your feedback is welcome
- We take your compliments, concerns, suggestions and complaints seriously.
- If at any time you experience problems or difficulties with regards to this practice, please talk to your doctor or our Practice Manager about your concerns.
- The Office of the Health Ombudsman is also available on 133 646
Why we exist
We are transitioning from general practice to a healthcare centre and are now offering a unique healthcare experience through innovative and integrated healthcare. We want patients to share with their friends and family how great their experience is with us.
Our aim is to improve the patient experience by utilising purpose-built technology (My Health Consult), offering a range of health services and programs for specific health needs, making it easy for them to access and engage with quality healthcare content online.
We are here to help
Please remember we are here to help you. We aim to work with you in caring for your health and we place high value on the patient-doctor partnership.
Courtesy, compassion and high-quality medical care are the keys to achieving the best results for your healthcare needs.