We have developed a tailored iHealth Check™ for all ages so that you can be sure that you have covered all of the important things in your annual check up. We developed an evidence based and ethical approach to this based on the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners guide on preventative health and advice from other peak bodies.
Why do an iHealth Check?
We want to help people to be proactive about their health. In the iHealth Check we aim to identify any issues before they become serious by focusing on preventative health, appropriate cancer screening, risk assessment for cardiovascular disease, and working with you to improve your general health and well-being.
- Have you felt tired but don’t understand why?
- Have you got pain you can’t fix?
- Do you have a family history of heart disease, stroke, or cancer?
- Are you concerned you are missing something important when it comes to your health?
What does it involve?
To help you feel more confident you are receiving the care you need we have developed the iHealth Check ™. We will work with you to develop and refine this every year. It will focus on the following important issues:
- Lifestyle health recommendations including optional assessment and planning with our partners at Body Track
- Recommendations about preventative health and cancer screening.
- Chronic disease management recommendations including a schedule for ongoing re-assessment.
- Medication and Immunisation review
We have specifically trained our nurses and GPs to complete this plan. We want to work with you to improve your health. Strong evidence exists demonstrating that patients who engage in regular reviews of their health issues benefit in terms of quality of life, avoiding hospitalisations and living longer.
We firmly believe you will benefit from this process and look forward to working with you.
What are the benefits of iHealth Check?
iHealth Check has many potential benefits for you and your health.
You benefit from:
- Early identification and management of important issues, leading to better health and quality of life outcomes
- Peace of mind that nothing important has been missed
- A living document that changes as you age, prompting you to take part in lifestyle health changes, keep up with preventative health measures, and a measure of your health.
Your health benefits from:
- Knowing the important health issues you need to work on
- Knowing the recommended preventative health measures and our reminder and recall system to help you stay on track
- Knowing what health parameters you need to measure and when
How does iHealth Check work?
1. Intake Assessment
One of our experienced health professionals will work with you to identify any health issues. You will receive a questionnaire which will help us to determine what further tests or steps are needed prior to you appointment.
2. GP Evaluation
Your GP will review your intake assessment and determine the appropriate recommended tests to complete. We will send you the necessary referrals so you that you will have had the tests necessary prior to seeing your GP.
Your GP will conduct a face to face visit to examine you and discuss your results.
3. Receiving Your iHealth Check
After your examination and consultation we will prepare and send you your completed iHealth Check and our recommendations.
4. Implementing Your iHealth Check
Your iHealth Check will have identified issues for you to work on and the relevant team members to help you. Once you have completed a personalised iHealth Check you will gain access to one of our Health Coordinators who will help you make any subsequent appointments identifed as necessary. If you have any chronic health conditions we may offer you the chance to develop an iHealth Plan.
While we aim to provide a single location for your health needs, we occasionally need to refer to external health professionals to complete your treatment team.